Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Recap of May

Ok, as months go this one has been full and just a tad crazy.  Here's a quick recap of some of the high points.
I had a birthday, flowers from my sweet hubby.

Birthday cheesecake and confetti from my friend Rosa
Creating a "character cafe" for book fair at school
Cute bistro tables and chairs are my birthday present from Mom and Dad for the patio I want to create this summer.  Then I decided I was having too much fun so I came down with Shingles!  If you've never had them consider yourself blessed!  The doctor said they can occur when you are under a lot of stress.  I didn't feel stressed but I guess my body was trying to tell me something else.  Anyway I spent almost three weeks unable to use my left arm because it would alternate between pain and a burning sensation then the awful blisters, yuck.  So, just in the last couple of days I've been able to do a little more and I finally finished the sewing project I've been trying to work on all month.


I was making these cute aprons for all my helpers for the book fair.  As things worked out, they didn't get them until the last day of school, as thank you gifts, but they modeled them for me anyway.  I think they turned out great.  Well, that's some of the highlights of May, so far, I still have a couple of graduations to go to, a couple of retirement shindigs and another birthday celebration before May is over.  Hope your May was happily eventful.  I've got big plans for June so I'll talk to you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment