Monday, March 14, 2011

Going Green

A green birthday that is...
My sweet husband's birthday is this month, today in fact.  So in honor of the month and because green is one of his favorite colors, I made cupcakes, chocolate chip pistachio. From scratch even.  Something I like to do but rarely have the time.
I found these cute cupcake papers in the $1 bin at Michaels.
Cupcakes baked and cooled. (slight green tinge is good)
Cupcakes in profile.
On to the White chocolate frosting.
Lots of butter (shhh, don't tell) I never said these were lo-cal did I?
Tinted a pale green then swirled on.
Little custom topper.  Too much fun! Verdict:  Yum.  What shall I bake next? It's spring break so there is no telling what I'll come up with.  Stay tuned.  I'll talk to you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment