Saturday, August 25, 2012

Butterfly Bouquet

 More paper butterflies.  I started making these with no real idea as to what I would use them for I just thought they would be pretty.  I used several different inks so that I could get a variation of tones on each butterfly.  Then one day a couple of weeks ago, I was browsing around some of my favorite sites on the web and I saw this post at Saucy's Sprinkles she used feather butterflies but it gave me the idea to try it with my paper ones.  I still need to make more to really fill out my bouquet but, here is the start.


The peacock green is from Tim Holtz's special addition "Spring collection" I'm hoping he makes it a permanent color.  I also used CTMH colors of sunflower, dutch blue, sorbet and sunset.  They work great because just like TH's inks you can layer the colors and they won't get all muddy, you get tones from each of them.  It's still a work in progress but I like it so far.

Have a great weekend, we're supposed to get more rain, Yay!  Love the rain.  I'll talk to you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment