Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday Musing


This past week I spent a few hours in the company of family in this quiet spot where we each spent part of our childhood.  It was beautiful and familiar and wonderful to reconnect with people that I love so deeply.  So much time has passed since we had all been together in this place.  We were missing a few of our beloved but being together here brought back sweet memories and gave us an opportunity to create new ones.


Fall is starting to settle in, the water was cold but the children and dogs enjoyed splashing and chasing each other around in it.


I'm already thinking about how I can get back before winter moves in.  I want to dip my feet over the edge of the big rock one more time and splash sparkling drops up into the air just for the fun of it, to dream about spending a few days under the trees listening to the wind moving through the branches and the sound of the water rippling over the rocks, to sit on the porch and breath and make a promise... next summer.

Thanks for stopping by.  I'll talk to you again soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment