Sunday, August 16, 2009

Glad you're here!

Wow, were did last week go?  I have been so busy with the preparation for school to start there was hardly time to be creative, but I managed to squeeze a little bit in.  I put together "welcome" baskets for all the new staff members.  Our school is growing by leaps and bounds this year and when I started at the beginning of the week we had eight new staff members and by Friday I was preparing gifts for eighteen!  It is SO fun to meet new people and get caught up in a brand new teacher's excitement for their first full time teaching experience.  The welcome baskets have a variety of goodies including pens and pencils, hole punches, tape, a school shirt, candy (chocolate) of course:) and I made each of them a welcome mini notepad with the school's initials and our mascot, the raven. 


I have seen these notepad at various spots around the blog-sphere but most recently here at Mish's place.  Visit her blog to see some of her awesome work.  I did these assembly line fashion so they went together very quickly.
I'll talk to you again soon.  Have a wonderful Monday and an amazing week!

Materials used:
Cardstock & ink from Close to My Heart
Paper punches from EK Success and Martha Stewart
Gel pens "Souffle" from Sakura
Ribbon:  Dollar bin at Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment