Saturday, August 6, 2011

About Botanical

Earlier this summer I had the chance to visit a few art galleries and small boutiques.  In one of those, a simple little piece of art caught my eye.  It was a line drawing done on a vintage page from a dictionary.  It had just a little color but was very attractive in it's simplicity.  When I returned home I was still thinking about the piece and thought I might be able to recreate something that had the same simple appeal as the one I saw in the boutique.  I scanned a page from an old dictionary and printed it on to some cardstock.  Then I stamped some simple line images (retired Close to my heart) onto it and colored and shaded with colored pencils.  Trimmed it down and put it into a thrift store frame.
 
It reminds me, in feel, of the piece I saw. 
It was also a quick and fun little project that will be just right for a friend who loves to photograph flowers.  And, as luck would have it, I found a challenge that I think it is a perfect fit for.  Over at Moxie Fab World they had a challenge going on using botanicals. Slip on over there and look at some of the lovely botanical projects they have.  Have a great day, and I'll talk to you again soon.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Debra! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete