Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Friend retired

My friend Jo retired, a year ago... That's when I started this project.  It was supposed to be a banner that I was going to hang over her cake at her reception.  But, as some projects do, this one began to evolve into something more than a simple banner and the more I worked on it, the less it got finished.  Have you ever had that happen to you?  You see the problem was, Jo is very special to me and I wanted this project to reflect all the fun and thoughtful times we have spent together.  By now, a banner is kind of unnecessary, but I had all this work done so I decided to turn it into a mini album (not so mini after all).  One side of the banner/book spells out the word retirement, the opposite side of each ban-nett? I don't know, what you'd call the individual flags of a banner!? Anyway, the opposite side has a short poem that goes along with the corresponding letter.  I added lots of charms and glitter, buttons and beads.  So this is the result.  Now I need to get it into the mail before another year goes by.


Here is hoping you get to finish a project that has been a while in the making.  Have a wonderful weekend, it's nice and cool and rainy here today.  I'll talk to you again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment