Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cookie Exchange

I am helping with the preparations for a holiday cookie exchange.  I'm making the invitations, yes, 96 of them.  I found this cute wrapping paper in the $1 bin at Target.  It works perfectly with our theme of peppermint candy and candy canes.  I'm planning on posting a tutorial for the envelopes later this week/weekend.  Inside the envelope are two recipe cards.  The first one is the typed up invitation with all the exchange directions and the second is a blank recipe card for them to RSVP with by filling it out with their cookie recipe.  Next, I printed out sheets with "You're invited" and punched them out with a tag punch, a little distressing on the edges, a cute candy die cut and bow and it's ready to be attached.  This is one of the prototypes so I used embroidery floss for the bow on the tag but I found some cute baker's twine that coordinates exactly with the wrapping paper so for the real thing I'm going to use that.  I painted the natural wood clothespin white and then added peppermint stripes to it as well. A little candy cane to finish it off and it's done.  Now, just 95 more to go!
I went back and forth about the closure for the top but decided that the peppermint clothes pin was too cute not to do. 

Do you have any great suggestions for an amazing cookie recipe? Leave me a comment, we could do a virtual exchange, post a pic of your cookies in the comments.  I am looking forward to hearing about your cookie creations!  I'll talk to you again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment