Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

Today is the beginning of the Thanksgiving holiday for our house.  We are blessed to have this day to decompress and reflect on everything we're thankful for, before the big day tomorrow.  We started off slow with a leisurely breakfast.  Tea in my favorite tea cup and cranberry scones fresh from the oven.   Sitting around just talking and petting the dog as she wanders between us catching crumbs before they have a chance to hit the floor.

These are very quick to mix together and yummy with butter and a little drizzle of honey or just plain (my DH's favorite way).  Here is my recipe.

Cranberry Scones
2 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 to 1 cup milk
3/4 cup of dried cranberries
Mix dry ingredients.  Cut in butter until crumbly, I use a dough cutting tool but a food processor will work too, just don't over process.  Add milk a little at a time and blend well; dough should be sticky but hold together.  Flour a flat surface and knead the dough a couple of times.  Pat it out into a round shape about 1/2 an inch thick and cut the round into triangles.  Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
  Makes about 12 scones. 

 Sometimes I add orange juice to the recipe if I have some in the fridge, if you do, cut back on the milk in an equal amount up to 1/2 a cup.  These are great hot from the oven or rewarmed in the microwave.

I hope your holiday preparations are happy and eventful!  I'll talk to you again soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment