Friday, June 8, 2012

Tea party gifts

As promised, here's what was inside the gift bags that I gave to my mom, sister and nieces.  Every year we have a birthday tea and I make them each a little gift.

This year I decided to put together small sewing kits, since my sister is leaving for a year to live in Ireland (I know lucky huh!) and she isn't taking her sewing machine I figured she'd need something for quick fixes.  One of my niece's lives in another city going to college and the other works in an office and can put it in her desk for emergencies.  My mom is a great seamstress so her's is just something pretty to put by her chair to hold extra pins and what-nots. So here's what I did.  I used the little half pint mason jars, I didn't want them to be too big or take up too much room.  Of course each one had to be colored coordinated.




Here's a peek inside.
Lid off, everything fits snugly inside
There is a small container with buttons and safety pins, a seam ripper, measuring tape, scissors with cover, a wooden spool with thread, a thimble, and a felt needle book





This is the inside of the needle case with a holder for a needle threader.
I painted all the metal pieces to match cause we all know I'm crazy for how things coordinate!  I found some very cool metallic paint and painted the thimbles and needle threaders.  I wish I could have done something with the scissor handles but I had to give in on that one.  My inspiration for the needle books came from here.  My sister's, of course, had shamrocks instead of flowers.

Well, there you have it another yearly tea gift.  But. our next one will be much later, we have to wait till sis get's back.  Have a great weekend everyone.  I'll talk to you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment