Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy Monday Everyone!





Happy and a little sad. This is the last Monday of my summer break. I start back to work next Monday for a new school year. Always exciting though to think about the possibilities for a new year and how to help and encourage students to grow and expand their horizons.

But, the past couple of weeks have been a hustle and bustle getting ready for sweet Charity and Matt's baby. We had the shower this weekend. It all turned out very cute. As promised I will post some of the projects I worked on for it this week. So, to start, our theme was "Nap Time". The food tables were decorated like small beds, complete with "designer" pillowcases and bedtime story books. The dinning tables where decorated like bedside tables with lamps in the center, more storybooks, colorful buckets of colored pencils and stuffed animals. Since Charity wanted to invited moms and daughters/infants. The colored pencils came in handy for the little ones as well as being used for the games we played. More on that later. Our colors were shades of blue, green and splashes of orange.


These napkins were the inspiration for the colors.




These are the fabrics I found to make the pillowcases to match our color scheme. I think I could become addicted to making pillow cases. They were very easy and turned out so cute! If I would have had more time I could have figured out a pattern myself but I found a great Simplicity pattern so I got it, why recreate the wheel? Right!? I made four pillowcases all together. I'll show you the completed ones tomorrow. So until then, have a great day and I'll talk to you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment