Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Caught in the act!


I was experimenting tonight.  I wanted to make some cookies but didn't want to drag out all the ingredients and I didn't want to make a huge amount.  So on to the internet I went and found several recipes using a cake mix to make cookies.  After reading several, I combined  a couple that sounded good.  You can see the result.  I caught him red handed this time!  The DH (Darling Husband) liked these so much he was going to help himself to my little photography sample.  Not to worry, he got to sneak off with a few.  Hopefully some of them will last long enough for me to put them into his lunches this week.


Here is the version of the recipe I used,
1 cake mix (any flavor, I used a white cake mix I had in the cabinet)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup sprinkles (the valentine ones I forgot to use the other day)
Mix the first 4 ingredients together until all the dry mix is incorporated then mix in the chocolate chips and the sprinkles.  Use a small scoop and place rounded dough on to an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, let cool on the cookie sheet at least 5 minutes before removing.  That's it, easy peasy! I thinking these are cute enough to package up and give as quick little Valentine gifts too.

Going to a "what's new in children's literature" conference tomorrow.  It should be fun.  I'll talk to you again soon.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted this. I've been looking for something different to bake, and completely forgot about cake batter cookies. Thanks for the inspiration, and have a wonderful time at the literature conference. :-)

    ReplyDelete