Monday, January 9, 2012

DIY Valentine Gifts


I've been creating away in my little studio the last few days and thinking of Valentine's day.  I wanted to make a sweet little container for a gift idea I had so I searched around the net for some ideas and found this site here.  This candy box is what I had envisioned but I assembled mine a little differently and I just used card stock because that's what I have on hand.  I made some coordinating felt flowers and a little tag to decorate the top.  Tucked inside is a little surprise.




I found the idea for the bracelet on-line too.  Right here, she even gives a great tutorial I how she makes them.  I did mine a little different, I'm not that good with nail polish.  I sprayed the candy (yes they're real conversation hearts) with several coats of clear lacquer, let them dry and then drilled the top and inserted the eye pins.  I had to warn the sweet-toothed DH not to eat them, they look even yummier shiny.  Not to worry, I'll be sure to give him his own little box of un-lacquered ones to eat on Valentine's day.


I had several folks at school ask me to make some for them to give as gifts so I'm off to make more.  I'll talk to you again soon.



Linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment