Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday Flip


Ahhh, the last Friday of summer break.  The teachers start back next week and the kiddos will be here the week after.  I am looking forward to seeing them but, this summer has been a restful and creative respite.  I've been able to work in my art journals almost daily and that has been delightful!!! Here is a flip through my journal to a couple of quick sketches. I will doodle or sketch while my family watches tv.  I have a hard time just sitting there, so this way I am in the same room but I'm still "doing" something.


Some times  it's a phrase from a song that keeps running through my head and I will sketch an image that helps me visualize my personal meaning.


Sometimes it is part of a verse from the bible.  It is fun to capture those random thoughts in a quick sketch.  I may go back and add color or just leave them.  Right now I'm not sure.

Thanks for stopping by, I'll talk to you again soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment