Sunday, December 22, 2013

Twelve Days of Christmas

Day 7, Day 8 and Day 9

Cookies, candy, and packaging! Oh my. The last three days have been filled with finishing up the week at school and baking and candy making.  Here are some of the goodies waiting to packaged up in containers to take to our volunteers. 


From the bottom of the picture up there are chocolate crinkle cookies, salted carmel chews, traditional chocolate chip cookies, fool proof fudge, and Grandma Cowan's peanut brittle.  She made it every year that I can remember.  She didn't use a written down recipe, so one year I watched her and wrote down what she did.  Now I make it just about every year.  I panicked for a few minutes this year when I couldn't find my hand written note in my recipe files but a third time through I found it.  Mr. Darling says I should scan it into the computer "just in case" I really do lose it.  It's a good idea, we'll see if I remember to do that.

Well I'm off to finsh tags for the treat containers, only 3 more days. I can't believe it, it has come so quickly this year.

Have a great day and I'll talk to you again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment