Monday, December 23, 2013

Twelve Days of Christmas

Day 10

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, let it...sigh, unfortunately the only snowflakes we will be seeing are the ones on my card.   Our Friends and family north of us have a bit, but there is nothing in the forecast for us.  It's a balmy 53 degrees on the thermometer on the back porch.  I ran errands today in just a long sleeved shirt and vest.

I made a quick card to add to the top of a treat package.  Thinking of snow and sleigh rides with jingle bells.


The big button in the middle of the rosette is from my stash of vintage buttons from Grandad's traveling salesman days.  It was the perfect fit for the rosette and the two little jingle bells tied to it just right.  Once upon a time it was a bright white but now it has aged to a lovely creamy color sitting prettily on some vintage music paper.


I have to think grandad would never have imagined I'd use these old buttons in projects like this, but I'm sure he would like it.  I miss him this time of year, it was his favorite, he couldn't wait to hug us all in that big bear hug of his, with the pocket protector filled with pens, squished up against our cheeks, hugging us until we were breathless.  The memory makes me smile and tear up and the same time.

I hope you are taking time out of the hustle and bustle of the season to make sweet memories with your loved ones.  Have a wonderful evening and for a little more snowy jingle bell magic head over to the Shabby Tea Room for some inspiration.

I'll talk to you again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Sparkly and fun!! Thanks for sharing this little pretty with us in the Tea Room this week! Happy Holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that yummy button treatment :) Thanks so much for playing with us at The Shabby Tea Room!!

    ReplyDelete