Monday, June 30, 2014

Tea Party gifts




One of my favorite traditions is our annual birthday tea party.  It is a chance for my mom and sister and my two nieces and I to get together to celebrate our birthdays.  I try to make a special gift each year to add to the festivities. Of course the packages need to be extra pretty!


This year I went with the tea theme and each of them received their own tea cup and saucer, tea strainer, tea cookies and a package of Ernest Hemingway tea.  I made the boxes specially for each one based on their favorite colors.







The boxes were made out of poster board and then painted.  Once they were dry I decoupaged pretty Paris print napkins to the lids. (I found the napkins at Tuesday Morning) unfortunately the one close to my house closed this week, now I'll have to go into town to visit the one there.  The tops are tied off with a matching bow of tulle and a coordinating silk hydrangea. 

They were a big hit with the girls and several of the patrons at the tea house stopped to ask about them as well.

Happy Birthday Mom and girls! Love you all bunches!

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment