Monday, July 7, 2014

Faux Metal Jewelry



I needed a fun, somewhat sophisticated, but quick and easy hands on activity for a team meeting.  Pinterest to the rescue!  I found this little activity while looking for DIY jewelry ideas.  The original pin is here.  Her instructions are great, but I made a few changes. I also added some additional choices of shapes and embossing patterns.  We used Tim Holtz metallic distress paint to add patina to our little works of art.  I simplified the process by having each participant cover 3x5 pieces of card stock on both sides with the aluminum tape and then run it through the Big Shot to cut everything out at once.  They then chose an embossing folder they liked and ran their cut outs through the Big Shot a second time to get the embossed pattern.  They turned out great and everyone had a good time making their own versions. (multiple times:o)

Thanks for stopping by I hope you have a great week.  I'll talk to you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment