Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday Flip

Here we are flipping through my art journals again.  This time I'm sharing a page I did using small boxes randomly drawn on a page.  Instead of using the whole page in one sitting I used the smaller boxes at different times.  I this case over the course of several days, I kept coming back and adding details.  Having a smaller space didn't seem so intimidating, I could do a quick sketch in one of the boxes that seemed to fit the situation at the time.

I used a water soluble graphite pencil to do the initial sketches and then outlined some of them with a black ink pen, journaling around and in little areas of the boxes.  I had a red ink pen in my purse on another day and went in and added a little color to the page and then playing with a waterbrush I smudged the outlines of the boxes.

Thanks for stopping by.  I'll talk to you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment