Monday, December 26, 2011

Ribbon organization


 Day 26 of my personal creative challenge

Organization is not my strong suit, I struggle with getting things into a working organizational style, but I did score these great boxes when our tech was unpacking some speaker bars for the computers at school.  The empty boxes are the perfect size for ribbon storage and organization.  In case you haven't noticed, I do love ribbon and over the years I have collected a lot.  This system has helped me keep the ribbon in better shape and organize it by color.  I labeled the end of each box with the colors contained in it.  They stack neatly above my desk on the wire shelves my sweet DH installed for me.  At a glance I can grab the box with the color I'm looking for and take it to my work table to try out the different sizes and textures to see which one will work with the project at hand.


Now my next decision is to try to figure out how I want to cover the boxes so they go with the color scheme in my room, or do I leave them plain?  They are mostly white with the black spots, so on one hand they are kind of cute and would go with any color scheme I might go to in the future, but on the other hand they do have a company name plastered all over them.  Decisions, decisions...
 

I'm kind of proud that I was able to figure out a re-purposing project with these, I usually don't think of things until it's too late.  It was kind of a happy accident that I grabbed these before they went in the dumpster.  

I'm cleaning up the the craft studio right now, making yet another attempt at organization.  My next struggle, cause, conundrum, is what to do with all the magazines I collect!!! They are beginning to take over every horizontal space in the room (including the floor!).  They contain so many great ideas I have such a hard time parting with them.  I would go digital but I love holding them in my hands and turning the pages.  I read and re-read them all the time.  What to do!?

Thanks for stopping by today I know I rambled on a bit.   I'll talk to you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Truly fabulous idea! I like how use utilized those long boxes--perfect for a row of ribbons. I'm using photo boxes, and get a little frustrated if things start rolling around. Thanks for the dose of inspiration! :-)

    ReplyDelete